Do You Have An Asthmatic Child? Precautionary Steps You Need to Know
- July 26, 2018 Posted by: Sai Siva Childrens Hospital 531 Views RSS
Each time you hold your child close to you, you start to hear the whistling noise that comes from them, you’ll secretly start praying and hoping that this condition of asthma should get cured completely. The wheezy and queasy feeling can leave your child and yourself low. As the weather keeps on changing you pay more attention to your child. For parents with an asthmatic child, it can be stressful and challenging, you need to give them the utmost care because they are so brittle inside their body and they are very sensitive too. Here are some of the precautions that you can take to bring down the asthmatic attacks on your child.
What Is Asthma?
Asthma is an allergic effect of airways, which means due to a trigger which might be anything causes its adverse effects on the airways, it is the leading cause of chronic illness among children which can begin at a very young age of five. This is a chronic condition that affects the air tubes of the lungs.
Does My Child have Asthma?
The signs and symptoms of asthma among children are:
- Rapid breathing
- Frequent coughing
- Shortness or loss of breath
- Weakness and tiredness
- Loss of appetite
- Chest hurting
- Chest tightness
- Whistling sound when breathing out
Asthma is often inherited but there are other factors that can trigger it like smoke, pollutants, allergens, exposure to cold, weather changes, and infections.
Precautions That You Need to Take
As parents, it is your responsibility to make sure that you are not creating space for your child to fall sick, in such a case the precautions that you can take are:
- Try to keep your house dust free by dusting and vacuuming on a daily basis. Also, keep the bathrooms clean and dry.
- Clean the bathroom with detergents and bleaches to avoid fungal growth.
- Wash the bedspread, pillow covers, and bed sheets thoroughly at least once in a week. It is recommended to use allergen-free disinfectants
- Get your child vaccinated appropriately
- Make sure there is adequate cross ventilation in the room especially during monsoon.
- Keep your child warm during monsoon by putting on dual-layered clothing preferably cotton.
- You might consider installing air conditioners or air purifiers with HEPA filters to prevent micro allergens in the air.
- Don’t Adopt any hairy pets, their hair strands can trigger asthmatic attacks. But if you have one, then make sure that it does not enter your bedroom
- Do not use carpets which are actually the house for dust mites, animal dander and a lot of dust particles.
- Restrict your child from going out during rainy season as there is a lot of pollen in the air which can trigger asthma.
- Being the parent of an asthmatic child, if you are into gardening, you should pack your gardening tools appropriately as flowers produce pollen.
- Do not smoke, the smoke of any form might be a trigger.
- Avoid room sprays, candles, incense sticks, and strong deodorants.
- You might not know when the wheezing would start, so keep the medications within the reach and do not skip or forget to give medications
- Always keep epinephrine pen in your fridge.
- As parents, you should gain adequate knowledge about asthma as the first priority and then educate your child to handle asthma-related problems. Make sure that they carry their inhalers regularly to school. Also, inform your child’s teachers and friends about your child’s condition.
- Last but not the least attend doctor check-ups regularly
All these precautions will reduce the asthma attacks. So make sure that you follow them regularly. If you need to know more ways to reduce the symptoms of asthma in your child then you might need professional and expert guidance from the doctors of Sai Siva children hospital.they will guide you to control asthma in an enhanced manner.
About The Hospital:
Sai Siva Children’s Hospital, Chanda Nagar, is a full-fledged medical facility specially designed for pediatric patients as well as young adults. The hospital was started in the year 2008, with the aim of reaching out to schools and villages to educate the middle and high school students about health & hygiene.
Sai Siva Children’s Hospital is one of the most sought-after children’s hospitals in Hyderabad with a team of experienced doctors and skilled staff who aim to help your child have healthy growth and development. We believe that children today are the future of our world, and must have good health to make the world a better place to live in.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
- September 04, 2019
- September 02, 2019
- August 26, 2019
- August 15, 2019
- August 07, 2019
- August 01, 2019
- July 31, 2019
- July 29, 2019
- July 15, 2019
- July 09, 2019