While you enter the new role of parenting, you’re on cloud 9. Having a child brings immense joy and added responsibility which every parent is up for, and the slightest of pain that your child experiences affects you in a big way. When your child is in the hospital, there are some guidelines for visitors. These are in place for the safety of your baby against any external infections.
- Friends and family visiting the baby must remove footwear outside and wear scrubs and face masks.
- If you’ve not have chicken pox or are unaware of having it at a young age, you must avoid going close to the baby.
- If you have had fever in the last 24 hours, it is best to wait for a few days before seeing the baby.
- The NICU will have other babies also. So, we request you to limit your questions if any, keeping the privacy of other babies and their families.
- Please wait until you recover from any infection or injury.